Toulky.net emerged in 2002 as a blog for my study in Brisbane, Australia and subsequent visit to New Zealand and Thailand. There were also two other journals from our previous travels in Turkey in 1998 and Peru & Bolivia in 2000 scattered somewhere in cyberspace, so it all came together under one roof here in early 2003. Since then we keep slowly but steadily;-) adding more countries as well as the contributors.
Most of toulky's content is in Czech, but there are some parts in English, see below.
There were roughly (that is VERY roughly) 0 visitors to toulky. But you can't really rely on it. It's here only because it looks nice;-)
Content in English
- USA: Blog from Ondra's studies in Albany, upstate NY is mainly in Czech. Many albums (albae?) in the photogallery have English captions, though (such as Chicago, Annapolis, etc.) We also gradually add photos from our Roadtrip with English captions and the journal will also be in English. Roadtrip: three weeks in the Soutwest (LA, Joshua Tree NP, Grand Canyon, Zion, Las Vegas, Yosemite, San Francisco, Big Sur, LA) and feww cities on the East Coast (Washington, Boston, Albany!:-) and NYC).
- Great Britain: Journal from the 2006 Easter trip to Scotland with Jana and Jirovec is in Czech, but photos have English caption and they tell basically the same story;-) Also photos from London two months later are captioned in English.
- France: Visiting Viisti in Paris, then seeing Rennes and Mont Saint Michel and finally attending Yoko&Arnold's wedding in Nantes. Whole site is in English incl. journal by Imelda and photogallery with English captions.
- Australia: Most of the content is in Czech, including the "blog" entries (it wasn't called blog then, you know;-) and journal from the Great Aussie Drive;-) But some photos in the gallery have English captions at least and hopefully we will scan some more photos and caption them in Englis too...
- Photos from CZ: This site is actually photogalleries only from our small trips around Czech and parties, etc..., so even though most captions are in Czech, you can still see the pictures;-) Some albums are even captioned in English - see for yourself!
- Gafna's Rambles: Gafna's blog from her studies in Sweden, UK and Israel, she has lot of English content there, though it has been discontinued upon her return to Prague - see gafna.blogspot.com for her current whereabouts and activities